Name of Author- Yash Tushar Chumbhale (021230022766)
Introduction- Yes Bank is an Indian bank headquartered in Mumbai, India and was founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapoor in 2004.
It offers wide range of differentiated products for corporate and retail customers through retail banking and asset management services. On 5 March 2020, in an attempt to avoid the collapse of the bank, which had an excessive amount of bad loans, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) took control of it. RBI later reconstructed the board and named Prashant Kumar, former chief financial officer and deputy managing director of State Bank of India, as MD & CEO of Yes Bank, along with Sunil Mehta, former non-executive chairman of Punjab National Bank, as Yes Bank’s non-executive chairman.
The bank’s management under the new leadership of Kumar, immediately repositioned itself and dealt with all internal and market related challenges to restore customer and depositor confidence. Under the coordinated efforts of the new board and management, Mehta assured shareholders of speedy recovery, even as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and other banks lent it support through a historic Yes Bank Reconstruction Scheme 2020.

Objective- To calculate the predicted value (β) and its significance
Data collection- The data used for analysis is collected from the www.Investing.com site and after that Nifty 50 (y) was regressed on Yes Bank Equity (x).
Data Analysis
Regression equation, β= -0.0004368 + 0.14941207 (x)
Where x represents the Yes Bank.
No. of observations (N)= 52
R²= 0.20144463, F= 12.6130662
t-stat for x= 3.55148789

The above equation tells us the relationship between Nifty 50 (y) and Yes Bank (x). The positive sign means there is a direct relationship between them, which means if equity price of Yes Bank increases, then the Nifty 50 will also increase.
If the Equity of Yes Bank rises by 1 point, then the Nifty 50 will also increase 0.1489 Rs.
T-stat for the Yes Bank is 3.55148789 and the p-value is 0.00084589 which is less than 0.01 means the data is statistically significant at a 1% confidence level.
N=52, there is a total of 52 observations.
R²= 0.20144463 means 20.14 % of y is explained by x while the rest 79.85% is an error.