Name of Author- Harshavardhan Ramesh Kamble (021230022708)

Introduction- Havells India Limited is an Indian multinational electrical equipment company, based in Noida. It was founded by Haveli Ram Gandhi, later sold to Qimat Rai Gupta who was his distributor. The company manufactures home appliances, lighting for domestic, commercial and industrial applications, LED lighting, fans, modular switches and wiring accessories, water heaters, industrial and domestic circuit protection switchgear, industrial and domestic cables and wires, induction motors, and capacitors among others. Havells India owns some brands like Havells, Lloyd, Crabtree, Standard Electric, Reo and Promptech.

Objective- To calculate the predicted value (β) and its significance

Data collection- The data used for analysis is collected from the www.Investing.com site and after that Nifty 50 (y) was regressed on Havells India Equity (x).

Data Analysis

Regression equation, β=0.00212148 + 0.275964685(x)

Where x represents the Havells India.

No. of observations (N)= 52

R²= 0.230029311 , F= 14.93753687

t-stat for x= 3.864910978

The above equation tells us the relationship between Nifty 50 (y) and Havells India (x). The positive sign means there is a direct relationship between them, which means if equity price of Havells India increases, then the Nifty 50 will also increase.

If the Equity of Havells India rises by 1 point, then the Nifty 50 will also increase 0.128 Rs.

T-stat for the Havells India is 3.864910978 and the p-value is 0.00032113 which is less than 0.01 means the data is statistically significant at a 1% confidence level.

N=52, there is a total of 52 observations.

R²=0.230029311 means 23.00% of y is explained by x while the rest 76.99% is an error.